There’s countless businesses struggling to survive during this pandemic. The one type of business that is holding up the best is online businesses or ones that found creative ways to run online.
I get it! these times are hard and not easy to navigate. There’s ways that I found help me to function in my business better during these times:
- I don’t force anything. Not everything in the to-do list has to get done. I was even not feeling well for a week ( not covid related) and it set me back in my progress a lot. Instead of letting it make me crazy like it would have in the past I paced myself and slowly allowed myself to get back on track. The thing about this pandemic is there’s so many ways it effects us at once that if we fight against the grain it will only backfire. It helps to be patient and take time to work in our businesses
- I prioritize even more now. With my children being home and them being our of school and having a toddler with even less things to do, I prioritize my time and make space for family first. What I found is if I plug away at my business relentlessly in this pandemic it takes away from work/life balance
- Taking the opportunity to learn and research has been great! I always take the time to read and do courses but especially now, I have a lot more time to do that and it’s been great to apply that knowledge to my life and business
- Health is Wealth! Especially now. I prioritize my wellness to have enough energy to give to my business and have stronger immunity to prevent getting sick
Being a social media influencer can be fun and a great side hustle! There might be countless theories about the direction and impact of influencer marketing but the market isn’t going anywhere. Some believe it will stay strong and continue to bring results to brands, others believe that the market it’s full of fake accounts and influencers that will cause it to crash. I believe despite the fake accounts and influencers that the industry will stay strong and only continue to grow.
During these times, in a pandemic, there’s an influx of online shopping. It’s makes more sense that brands will use influencers to market their products and services!
If you’re looking to start as an influencer, here’s 5 steps:
- Set up your IG account by posting more images of you showcasing and tagging brands. This is something I look for when I choose influencers. If all they have is selfies or random pics and don’t show potential for my brand to be posted or promoted I don’t choose them. Even if it’s products you buy for now. You can start tagging the companies in your posts
- Get home photography equipment. Post beautiful, clear, professional and clean looking photos. IG is a visual platform so you want your page to look as attractive as possible!
- Increase engagement on your account. Do it organically since brands can usually tell when you don’t. Engage with other accounts on your page and do a CTA (call to action) with each post to get them to drop comments
- Once you got all set up an you can reach out to brands. Ideally, start with reaching out to brands no more than double your following count. You can dm them and send emails to the brand requesting to collaborate and attach your media kit
- Start with trade collabs until you gain a portfolio and experience then you can start charging brands. Whether it’s a trade or paid collab you should never pay for the items that you are promoting, even if it’s a discount code and you should never pay shipping. (There’s a ton of scam-ish brands out there)
What you should charge and how to create a media kit and more details on securing collaborations (including hotel collaborations) are in my Work, Travel & Monetize Ebook
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Affirmations are a powerful way to speak your goals into existence. Your brain is wired to be receptive to words of intentions that you recite and it imprints on your conscience to help you actualize what you affirm
40 DAYS OF AFFIRMATIONS
It’s said in many traditions that it takes 40 days to change habits and start a new pattern in life. I created 40 affirmations daily with journal work in the 40 Day Transformation Planner that I created for entrepreneurs.
These 5 affirmations are from the 40 Day Transformation Planner:
- My career is flourishing and serving great purpose in my life
- I’m open to receiving a wealth of opportunities to serve my goals
- I am worthy of the success I am creating in my life
- Every action I take is advancing my financial abundance
- I am doing what I love and I attract the clients I want in my business
You can get your 40 Day Transformation Planner today for all of the affirmations and more! Use code MYE15 for a discount